We are pleased to announce that the second DLC for Old World, entitled The Sacred and The Profane, is now available on Steam, Epic and GoG.
Old World – The Sacred and The Profane adds a touch of religious fervor to your play with a wealth of new content that explores how religion impacted the fortunes of ancient empires. Experience over 350 new events, recruit new historical characters, and deal with the demands of the clergy as you try and appease the various faiths that exist within your empire. Be warned, if a religion disapproves of your rule, it can lead to dissent, riots, or worse.
Old World – The Sacred and The Profane includes:
- 350+ new events – from small rituals and everyday belief, to the power struggles of state religions and the emergence of world religions, you’ll need to keep your wits about you to navigate the complex world of ancient worship.
- Clergy characters – these new characters can join your court and bring their own missions and projects. How much they benefit you depend on how well their religion likes you. Existing characters can be inducted into the Clergy through a mission by the state religion’s leader.
- Over 10 new character traits – The Sacred and The Profane adds a variety of new character traits, including new core traits, event-related traits, and traits unique to Clergy characters.
- Six new historical characters:
• Mani, the founder on Manichaeism
• Paul, fiery Christian convert and early Bishop
• Josephus, Jewish rebel, general, and scholar
• Ostanes, one of the rumored great magic users
• Sappho, Greek poetess
• Hypatia, Alexandrian scientist and philosopher
- Religious dissent mechanics – Negative opinion from a religion can lead to dissent in cities with that religion, which can have lasting consequences.
- Over 10 new ‘cult’ city projects – There are new cult improvements added by events, as well as improvements for existing Shrines. Each has a powerful and unique effect
This DLC pack features a lot of ‘what ifs’, reflecting a time during which many religions were young and the empires of the known world were forced to reckon with competing faiths old and new.
The Sacred and The Profane DLC is available now to be purchased on Steam, GOG and the Epic Games Store. For more information about Old World, read the original launch post here, or join our Discord!