- Garrison/Stronghold/Citadel require 3/6/9 Active Laws instead of unlocking with Sovereignty tech
- The term Rhetoric has been changed to Politics
- Iconography now has no non-state religion spread
- Redemption Theology bonuses are swapped, Each city following the religion: Harbors and Hamlets +20% output; From Cathedral: Mines, Quarries and Lumbermills +20% output
- Divine Rule: -1 Discontent per Shrine
- New Bonus Cards added/moved in the tech tree:
- Free Courtier Soldier: Battleline, Cohorts moved to Infantry Square
- Free Courtier Merchant: Fiscal Policy
- Free Courtier Scientist: Forestry
- Free Courtier Minister: Chain Drive
- Free Settler moved from Polis to Drama
- Free Worker added to Polis
- Orders Boost moved from Doctrine to Phalanx
- Civics boost moved from Architecture to Sovereignty
- Failed assassinations now give a negative memory to the target
- Soldier and Prophet Generals now give +20 Training and -10 Discontent each time their unit kills a unit
- Population Food/Iron/Wood/Stone costs are now scaled with city culture increases
- MP: Added “Send Courtier” Mission for nations that are at peace with you. This allows you to send courtiers to other players.
- All Holy Sites now require Developing only
- Twelve New Events Added
For more detailed build change information please read the full update notes.
About Old World
Set in classic antiquity, Old World is a historical 4X strategy game created by Soren Johnson (Lead Designer, Civilization IV). Players select a historical leader and use the innovative Orders system to dominate the competition. Leaders are mortal; once they die, the nation’s future depends on their heirs.