The long-awaited historical 4X strategy title, Old World is out now on the Epic Games Store. Set in classic antiquity, Old World is the newest game from Soren Johnson, previously Designer of Civilization III, Civilization IV, and Offworld Trading Company.
Select from seven leaders plucked straight from history and compete to be the greatest of them all. No leader can triumph alone – the deep legacy system means leaders are mortal and will eventually die, leaving the fate of their empire to their kin. Pair this with the innovative Orders system, and Old World proves to be a refreshing take on the classic strategy genre.
- Mortal Leaders: While the player starts with legendary leaders such as Cyrus the Great, the Pharaoh Hatshepsut, or Queen Dido of Carthage, they are still just mortal. Once they meet their demise, the future of the nation depends on how well they prepared their dynasty. Alexander starts not as the Great but simply as Philip’s promising 13-year-old heir.
- Innovative Orders System: Orders are the resource players use to move and command their units as they see fit, unlike traditional 4X games which limit every unit to exactly one move each turn. Giving players control of who can take an action and how many times adds a new layer of strategic depth to the genre.
- Dynamic Event Engine: With a dynamic story generation system, Old World features events inspired both by real history and by our writers’ imaginations. Each event gives the player an important and impactful decision that can lead to unexpected places years later in the narrative, ensuring that no two games will ever play out the same way.
- Engaging Scenarios: Beyond the standard game on random maps, Old World also ships with a Barbarian Horde scenario, perfect for single-player or cooperative multiplayer, and the epic, four-scenario Rise of Carthage campaign, which lets the player retell that nation’s story, from its founding by Dido to (hopefully) rewriting the ending of the Punic Wars.
- Flexible Multiplayer: Old World supports a wide variety of multiplayer modes, including asynchronous, play-by-cloud, hotseat, team games, scenarios, headless servers, and a variety of turn speeds and styles. (For more details: https://www.mohawkgames.com/2020/09/16/old-world-multiplayer-unlocked/)
Follow this link to our Presskit, which includes media images and a brief fact sheet for more information about Old World and Mohawk Games: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/2/folders/1JGSsMwd-NgddtfkMKor5EFtNECsFLyW-
Purchase Old World on the Epic Games Store: https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/old-world