Mohawk Games is seeking a highly skilled Senior Graphics Engineer to join our team. This role will focus on rendering pipeline and graphics systems utilizing the Unity Engine. You will work closely with engineering, art and design leads to define the vision and architecture for our game visuals and related tools & pipelines, and then help write the code to implement it. You will collaborate on game features to deliver graphics based solutions for a variety of different gameplay, mechanics and behaviors. Candidates must be proficient in architecting and writing highly optimized, extensible, and maintainable code in a timely fashion.
Our independent studio makes innovative strategy games – games that our players come to know better than we do. We build worlds together as a team, and we build friendships.
- Define, build, and optimize new graphics features and tools from initial idea to shipping, in Unity
- Improve artists’ speed, accessibility and productivity through improvements to the art pipeline
- Implement, test, and parameterize new shaders as needed
- Profile and optimize performance bottlenecks on a variety of hardware
- Produce high quality, well-documented code promoting modularity, extensibility and performance
- Work autonomously to solve technical design and development problems
- Contribute creatively by being involved in the design process and proactively prototyping new ideas and solutions
- Collaborate with the art team to create optimal, high quality, performant visuals
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience in the fields of Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 3+ years of experience creating graphics code for the gaming industry
- Have shipped multiple games
- Strong knowledge of C# and Unity, including rendering pipeline, asset management and profilers
- Strong background in computer science fundamentals, design patterns, algorithms and data structures
- Experience with popular graphics APIs such as Direct3D/OpenGL/Vulkan
- Proficient in shader languages and graph-based shader tools
- Exceptional problem solving, performance analysis and debugging skills
- Strong 3D vector, math and matrix skills
- Full understanding of game tool pipelines from content creator to in-game.
- Self-motivated team player with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Self directed and managed, can identify problems and tackle large features with minimal guidance
- Experience with terrain, map generation and related systems (clutter, LOD, layering, etc)
- A passion for creating beautiful, yet performant, games
- Willingness to help maintain and support dev ops tools as needed, such as perforce, jenkins, etc
- Able to work in a fully remote environment
- Development experience with consoles and mobiles
Mohawk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we consider all applicants equally without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
All of Mohawk’s positions are remote. Please submit your application here.